The Healthy Kids Check is an assessment of a child’s physical health, general well-being and development, with the purpose of initiating medical interventions as appropriate. It must include:
information collection, including taking a patient history and undertaking or arranging examinations and investigations as required:
– making an overall assessment of the child.
– recommending appropriate interventions.
– providing advice and information to the child’s parent(s) or carer.
– keeping a record of the health assessment, and offering the child’s parent(s) or carer a written report about the health assessment, with recommendations about matters covered by the health assessment.
– updating any relevant records, such as a parent-held child health record.
Examinations and assessments must include:
– height and weight (plot and interpret growth curve and calculate BMI).
– oral health (teeth and gums).